In 2007 the Committee of Convocation commissioned this brass plate commemorating the original plate which was laid on 3 July 1854 but subsequently has been lost somewhere in the foundations of the University. It was presented to the University on 17 November 2007. The plate is mounted on the east wall of the Quadrangle.
Click here for part 1 and here for part 2 to download a copy of the booklet which outlines a short history of the University and of the Committee of Convocation.
The Committee met by Zoom on 15 July 2020
The Committee visited the then new Melbourne Dental Clinic in February 2013
The Committee visited the VCA in October 2016 to watch groups of students improvising their jazz presentations.
Click below for lists of speakers and/or tours